Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Why do some a frame ladders say "not for use with soft sided or intex" pools?

1. Back To Top    #1

Why do some a frame ladders say "not for use with soft sided or intex" pools?

Hi, I have read through a number of threads where people have had success with using various different brands of a frame ladders with their intex pools. I have found a good deal on an Integrity A-frame ladder and was going to try it with my 16' round ultra frame pool. I believe some people have even said this particular ladder works well with their intex. So why the warnings like: "Designed for use on ridgid wall above ground pools only. Not for soft wall pools." ? Is this just for liability, in case of issues or something?
    16' round Intex Ultra Frame, Sand filter, filled May 25, 2014

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Why do some a frame ladders say "not for use with soft sided or intex" pools?

Perhaps they are talking about the Easyset type pools, with walls that are not straight up and down.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Why do some a frame ladders say "not for use with soft sided or intex" pools?

Probably liability if you lean the ladder against a soft sided pool and it punctures the liner.... my best guess anyway.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the replies. I am probably going to get the ladder tonight.

5. Back To Top    #5

I bought this ladder for our Intex....as you can see if three boys (17 and 12) can put it together anyone can.
    6-20-2014 7-13-36 AM.jpg
    6-20-2014 7-14-06 AM.jpg
    Diane

15,000 salty gallons - 24' x 12' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame Pool
    Intex Sand Filter, Pump, SWG - TF-100 and speed stir

6. Back To Top    #6

[QUOTE=DianeF1;677098]I bought this ladder for our Intex....as you can see if three boys (17 and 12) can put it together anyone can.

That looks like a pretty nice ladder. Do you know what brand it is?
    Have you found it to be a lot more stable than the intex one? ( i am sure anything would be

7. Back To Top    #7

I bought a different ladder like that. Way better than intex ladder. Go for it
    Intex Ultra frame 20" x 48"
    SWG and sand filter
    deck - ladder is going away after this summer
    Going to steps hopefully in a few weeks,
    * Little bit paradise in the country *