Vinyl liner wrinkle fix

Masspools

In The Industry
Jan 22, 2013
Cambridge Massachusetts
image.jpg

Hi All

I have a dilemma about installing a liner. This pool has corners to the stairs which we had to wrap the liner around. The customer is upset because of this wrinkle in the side is there anyway to remove this wrinkle or shrink it or does this seem more or a manufacturing issue. Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks
James

That looks like a nasty looking wrinkle! And could it have picked the worst place to live or what?! It looks like it could be pulled down from the corner and smoothed toward the long wall. I would imagine the pool needs water taken down a bit to maneuver the liner around.

Not sure if it would work or if you want to take the risk, but I was wondering about liner wrinkles myself. I saw a video of an installer use two plungers- one on either side of the wrinkle - and he sort of walkers the wrinkle out. Now keep in mind that was a pro and they had the vacuum running to pull the liner tight while he did it.

Anyway - I thought it was a god idea but as I said - I have no experience.

Let us know if you get it out and how.

Wonder if you could use 2 small plungers on each side of the wall to work it out?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.