Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cleaning a few leaves from pool bottom

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool Cleaning a few leaves from pool bottom

Does anyone know a trick for removing just a few leaves from the bottom of the pool without getting out the leaf vacuum or the pool flex head vacuum? It would take my Polaris 360 hours to randomly pick up the few leaves.

I have a deep bag pool rake but it mostly pushes the leaves around never getting them into the bag.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cleaning a few leaves from pool bottom

I use a leaf rake or I tell a kid to get them. Sometimes, like the vacuum, the kid takes hours too')
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

3. Back To Top    #3

Take your leaf rake and start about 4" behind the leaf, move rake head briskly toward leaf and then stop just shy of it for just a second....... the leaf will gently raise from the bottom..... now thrust the rake forward and the leaf will be caught up in the bag.... with a little practice you will get it..... now if there are 100 leaves in the pool, that my friend is a different story....
    17500 Gal Above Ground, 1.5HP Dynamo Pump, 250# Pentair Sand filter with ZeoLite. Diver Dave Cleaner. TFP test kit w/SpeedStir, 7 Grandaughters and 1 Grandson swimming every week WooooHooo!!

4. Back To Top    #4

I use two methods:

1) pay kids 5 cents a leaf (if there aren't too many). I have paid them 1 cent a leaf when there were a lot LOL.

2) Run your polaris! I run my polaris 4 hours a day no matter what. And get the sand/silt bag for your polaris if you don't have one because it works 10 times better, especially for small stuff.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you. That's a technique I will try.

As for kids. I'm the youngest person on my block . . . and I'm 61.