Intex ultrframe fill up/set up questions UGH!

Amarada3

Bronze Supporter
May 27, 2014
Jackson, TN
Ok, after reading all these good posts I knew I had to have a level and packed site. It took two weekends, but we got it done. I knew I wanted to use pavers under the posts and foam board insulation under the liner. So since the pavers and foam board need to be level, I thought it would be good to site the pavers, then cut the foam board to fit in the circle. I assembled the top rails by themselves to make the ring and positioned it on the site. I placed a heavy duty tarp, then put the pavers under each "t" so that the feet would be at the front of the pavers since it seemed most people said the bottoms of the legs kick out a bit and I also didn't want the liner to pinch onto the pavers. Next I cut the foam insulation circle to fit and double taped it with gorilla tape. I placed the tarp that came with the pool on top of the foamboard and opened up the pool. NOW THE TROUBLE STARTS: firstly, when the pool was fully assembled, I couldn't get the legs to line up on the pavers. Half were on and half were on the foam board in front of the pavers. It seemed the retaining rope was stopping the legs from being plumb. Is this on purpose??? So I untied it and placed the legs on the front edge of the pavers, fluffed and positioned the liner and started filling. After 2 inches of water I saw two issues: there were wrinkles that I could not get out of the bottom easily and the liner was skewed toward two opposite (!) sides, riding up on the pavers and it was pulled away from the other two "sides" by about 6 inches. I baled out most of the water, so I can move the liner better. WHAT DO I DO NOW? I thought I would at least try to center the liner better. What are your thoughts about the legs? pavers? rope? Sorry this is long, but I thought you might need my process.

I guess I would have left the rope intact and "encouraged" the feet to get up on the pavers while the pool filled and the legs inevitably splayed out to plumb. I didn't even get a rope with my Ultra Frame. I had to use ratcheting straps hooked together.

I can't address your other problems with practical experience because I didn't use preset pavers.

I took your advice, removed most of the water and re-tied the rope, most of the uprights were off the pavers (to the inside), but as it filled, I was able to get all of them onto the pavers! Still, I wish I had made my cushion circle of insulation board a bit larger. I had to wedge some insulation in front of some of the legs to cushion the liner against the pavers. Still, I am excited as only 1/2 to 3/4 inch off level all the way around and no side is "the low" side (yet!). I do see that the center of the liner was not perfectly in the center, i.e. the liner is more against some of the legs than others. two to three legs (not all on the same side) are not vertical, may need to nudge them back up. Bottoms are kicked out. Now on to the sand filter!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.