Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Siegfried

1. Back To Top    #1

Toronto, Canada

Hi everybody,
    I, like many others only seem to find these sites after getting miffed at the cost of Pool chemicals from the Local Pool store.
    But before I get to all that, my name is Mike, I live in Toronto, Canada and I have a 16 x 32 kidney shaped Vinyl inground pool that is 75000 Litres which would be about 19790 US Gallons.
    My wife and I have lived at this house for 2 1/2 years. We have enjoyed the pool immensely. I get stuck with all the chores for it though.
    We have had some plumbing type problems in the past, leaks, pump priming etc. , of which I have learned about and repaired by myself, except for the leak last year that caused us to loose about 2 inches a day. That was repaired by a scuba dude.
    Now however, I have green and cloudy water. The LPS (local pool store) said try this(Bioguard Burnout ), try this (bioguard Erase),then this (Biogaurd Power Floc) etc. then $120 later I still have a green and cloudy pool.
    So here I am, looking for help, trying to save money, reading lots and learning.
    I have already read a bit on the Forums and I am researching as much as I can.
    I look forward to talking with all of you, learning more about pools, saving money and enjoying my pool.

Mike aka Siegfried
    19790 US Gallons IG (75000 litres)
    Vinyl Liner
    16' x 32' kidney shape (kind of)
    Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    Toms River, NJ
    Hiya, allot of good info and advice here. Post your question in the proper area and your pool get cleared up. Read the sticky "Help us help you" in Pool School - Just getting started.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG

3. Back To Top    #3
    Pearland, TX (Houston Suburb)

Welcome to TFP. For starters, may I recommend you post a set of test numbers on your pool in "Testing the Water" section of the forum. That way we can get you headed in the right direction and you will be swimming in no time. Thanks for joining up. There are a lot of folks here ready and willing to help.

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

4. Back To Top    #4
    Get yourself some bleach, and in no time you will be enjoying your "trouble-free pool" !!

Welcome to TFP!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi and welcome to the group! You'll get a lot of great help, here.

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

6. Back To Top    #6

East Tennessee
    Welcome to troublefreepool. The people here are great and will help any way they can.
    Echo Canyon II by Artesian Pools, 13.5 KGal AG Round, 22" Artesian Sand Filter 2 hp Artesian pump
    Med Lab Tech for 12 years in E.TN
    Chem testing by Trouble Free Test Kits