16' Intex Ultra Frame Pool Deck and filter questions

misery

Apr 26, 2012
hi everyone. I am pleased to be a member here, THANK YOU for creating this site its so HELPFUL!

I have a 16ft Ultra Frame Intex Pool purchased 2 yrs ago and our problems started as soon as the pool came right out of the box... the liner was leaking in many areas and we fixed it but
every year we find another hole in the bottom of the pool and its becoming a very aggravating situation for me. MY Question is .. Is there any other pool company manufactures that sell pool liners that Could be used to replace or Even Better.. Cover over the intex vinyl liner? I would REALLY love to have one of those decorative liners that has like colorful dolphins or anything else but checkers
or the basic intex liner decor.

Also what kind of Alumium Deck will work and or support the intex sides, top or whatever? yes I am a big pool dummy sorry lol

hi everyone. I am pleased to be a member here, THANK YOU for creating this site its so HELPFUL!

I have a 16ft Ultra Frame Intex Pool purchased 2 yrs ago and our problems started as soon as the pool came right out of the box... the liner was leaking in many areas and we fixed it but
every year we find another hole in the bottom of the pool and its becoming a very aggravating situation for me. MY Question is .. Is there any other pool company manufactures that sell pool liners that Could be used to replace or Even Better.. Cover over the intex vinyl liner? I would REALLY love to have one of those decorative liners that has like colorful dolphins or anything else but checkers
or the basic intex liner decor.

Also what kind of Alumium Deck will work and or support the intex sides, top or whatever? yes I am a big pool dummy sorry lol

It seems we are all running into this issue lately. Not to worry though, I just went through the same ordeal.

We had the Intex 24x52 and replaced the entire liner with a new 25 gauge (thickness) from poolsupplies.com

So far the entire process was pretty painless and the new liner looks great. So much better than the standard Intex checkboard. We cut out the bottom drain plugs, all the way around them and then taped over the holes from both sides using duct-tape. I walked the whole liner once it was drained and cut out any small sharp rocks I felt using a razor blade. I would cut almost a full circle, lift the flap and remove rock, then tape the piece down flat. After all the rocks were gone and the sides were kicked out leaving a flat bottom, we covered the entire bottom in pool wall foam. After that drag in your new liner and make sure its even on all sides. Once thats done take up the excess over the edges enough so the bottom is suspened about 4" to 6" off the bottom and start filling it with water. As it fills the weight will pull the new liner down and smooth out most of the wrinkles for you. You can hold the liner over the edge using these tarp tiedowns and 32" bungees

DO NOT cut the holes until the water level is right where you need to make the incision or else things will get weird, fast.

Here is the new liner design - Waves of Poseidon

Waves.png

IMG_5477.jpg

IMG_5475.jpg

IMG_5474.jpg

Reactions: amick
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.