Sutton, MA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I'm replacing my current SuperFlo single speed pump with an IntelliFlo VF pump (got a good deal, so I'm going with the VF instead of the VS). Most of my other equipment is already Pentair, except my Hayward heat pump.

I'm considering connecting everything with automation, and am considering an Easy a Touch system. I currently have my waterfall and IntelliBrite 5G controlled by my home Insteon system, but want a more seamless pool system.

I already have an Pentair IntelliChlor IC40. I understand that the Easy Touch system can be purchased with or without an IC20/40. Since I already have an IC40, can I buy an Easy Touch system without the IC, and connect my existing unit? Do I need any additional equipment?

I understand that the IC40 and IntelliFlo VF connect to the Easy Touch via RS485.
I think my IntelliBrite 5G get connected to an AUX relay.
I think my waterfall actuator can also be connected to an AUX replay.
I don't know if my Hayward HeatPro heat pump should be connected to the Elec Heat port or AUX relay.

I'm not sure if I should get a Easy Touch 4 or 8. I think a single body system is fine, without the actuators, since I only have a pool, not a spa. Currently my cabana lights, fans and landscape is controlled by my insteon system, but sometime in the future I might want to integrate them into the pool system.

I also want to control the system via my iPhone, so is a ScreenTouch2 sufficient without an indoor or remote control?

I think the IntelliTouch system is more than I need, and too expensive.

I would appreciate:

1) information about using my existing IC40 with the Easy Touch system.
2) how to connect my Hayward heat pump
3) are my connection assumptions correct
4) opinions about EZT4 vs EZT8 vs IntelliTouch
5) opinions about ScreenTouch2 vs indoor or remote control.

Thanks for all help.

Your existing IC40 will work with a new EasyTouch very easily. You just hook a data connection between them.

The heat pump is controlled by a low voltage heater connection. This is simple and explained in the manual.

The existing actuator connects to a low voltage valve actuator port, of which there are three or four (I forget).

If you might want to expand, get the EasyTouch 8 now, rather than waiting. It is much less to get the 8 relay version now than to upgrade.

IntelliTouch gives you macros, which add a great deal of flexibility, but most people don't need that. With EasyTouch you need to think the way they think and then everything is simple, but not all that flexible.

ScreenTouch2 is good. It is not quite as flexible as the fancier remotes, but plenty for most people.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.