Replacement for Intex Sand Filter

GQed76

Jun 25, 2013
A few questions. I have a Intex Sand Filter and pump attached to a 18X9 ultyra frame pool The motor is annoyingly loud. It always has been noisy. I am also having difficulty getting it to be able to vacuum, so I was interested in getting a new sand filter pump.

DO I need the whole unit, or just the motor part? What kind of attachment would make it easy to vaccum. Currently i have to hook the hose outside the pool, geting it to prime is a nightmare. would be much easier to attach it to the side of the pool on the inside

Hi,i have you ever thought of buying just a pump from a diffrent brand and continue using the sand filter?? I know the intex 2650 gph sand filter uses a 1hp pump.

I know the intex pumps are cheaply made,so i'm thinking when my pump goes out of buying just a new pump from hayward and continue using the intex sand filter tank

Replacement pump for Intex

I have a Intex Sand Filter with Pump SF10110. The pump is loud and It does not allow me to vaccum. (doesn't seem strong enough) The actual Sand Canister is fine. What would you recommend as a replacement. I have a 5500 Gallon 9X18 Rectangular above ground pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.