Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacement for Intex Sand Filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacement for Intex Sand Filter

A few questions. I have a Intex Sand Filter and pump attached to a 18X9 ultyra frame pool The motor is annoyingly loud. It always has been noisy. I am also having difficulty getting it to be able to vacuum, so I was interested in getting a new sand filter pump.

DO I need the whole unit, or just the motor part? What kind of attachment would make it easy to vaccum. Currently i have to hook the hose outside the pool, geting it to prime is a nightmare. would be much easier to attach it to the side of the pool on the inside

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replacement for Intex Sand Filter

Hi,i have you ever thought of buying just a pump from a diffrent brand and continue using the sand filter?? I know the intex 2650 gph sand filter uses a 1hp pump.

I know the intex pumps are cheaply made,so i'm thinking when my pump goes out of buying just a new pump from hayward and continue using the intex sand filter tank
    Intex 15X48" /5300 galloms
    Intex 2650 sand filter
    Thru wall skimmer,
    FAS-DPD chlorine test kit K-2006
    Hard plumbed

3. Back To Top    #3

Replacement pump for Intex

I have a Intex Sand Filter with Pump SF10110. The pump is loud and It does not allow me to vaccum. (doesn't seem strong enough) The actual Sand Canister is fine. What would you recommend as a replacement. I have a 5500 Gallon 9X18 Rectangular above ground pool

4. Back To Top    #4
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Replacement for Intex Sand Filter

Welcome to TFP!!!

Looks like you asked the same question last year ...
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!