Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bearing Puller for Pentair Whisperflo

1. Back To Top    #1

Hacienda Heights, California

Bearing Puller for Pentair Whisperflo

Question for anyone who has re-built their Pentair Whisperflo pump and motor (which I plan on doing shortly):

I have a 6" 3-jaw bearing bearing/gear puller. Do you think this will be "long" enough? I've watched several re-build videos on YouTube (wetheadpumprepair & Jay Schultz) and the rebuilders all use really long pullers, but they look much longer than I think they could of gotten away with. I haven't actually disassembled the pump yet (which if I had I would be able to answer my own question.....) since I am waiting to get all of the necessary parts and tools together so that I have everything ready (minimizing pump downtime....). I'd rather not buy a new/longer puller if I don't have to since I'm on a tight budget and would probably never use it for anything else. Already have the bearings (6303) and seal (PS-1000). Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.
    First time pool owner. IG pool & spa combo. Approx. 18,000 gal. White plaster.
    Free-form(ish), roughly 30' x 15'. Titan RPM D.E. Filter (48 sq. ft. filter area).
    Pentair WhisperFlo WFE-6 pump (1.5 HP, 1 speed). Pentair 300K BTU/hr NG heater.
    Dolphin Nautilus robotic cleaner. Plaster & all equipment age: 5+ years.
    TF100 test kit and AquaChek strips.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Bearing Puller for Pentair Whisperflo

If it's a 6" throat that should be plenty long. In fact you may not even need pullers. A lot of times they'll just bump off.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit