Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Mosquito mister system?

1. Back To Top    #1

Mosquito mister system?

Anyone have one of these? We are looking at mistaway but can not find any reviews. Wondering if they work or if its hype.
    ~Andrea

24,000 IG with spa and 4 ton waterfall. Equipment: Pentair 520 Clean & Clear, Pentair VS+SVRS Intelliflo, Pentair Whisperflo 2 HP, Polairis Cleaner, Intellibrites, Pentair Rainbow 320 in-line Chlorinator, Pentair Easy touch 8 wireless and spa side remote.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Mosquito mister system?

I have been wondering the same thing so I am following his thread! Our pest control guy mentioned them the other day and I am thinking about getting them.
    24' x 52" AG / Hayward Sand Filter
    Hayward Power-Flo 2 Speed Pump
    TF100 test kit / Pool Rover Hybrid Robot
    St. Louis, MO *GO CARDINALS*

3. Back To Top    #3

I ‘m also interested in some first hand feedback on this.
    IG Tear Drop, Dark Gray Gunite , 27,000 gallons -Age 50+-years, very old Hayward Split Egg Sand Filter with side mount Multi-port- Hayward SP2600VSP Pump- Hayward chlorine feed (not used since finding TFP) - Laars 315K BTU Oil heater- LoopLoc Safety cover- AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir- 390 Gal Hot Springs Spa Envoy installed May 2017

4. Back To Top    #4

I hear they work, but they kill all sorts of things, bees, lizards. The neurotoxins freak me out, personally. Pyrethium is natural yes, but that does not make it safe IMO.

You will want to hear from someone who has one, not just my random opinion however.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

5. Back To Top    #5

Im interested too. Mosquitos in Texas are HUGE!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

6. Back To Top    #6

I've used the Mosquito Barrier from Amazon for about three years.It doesn't kill the mosquitoes it just keeps A majority of them away.The product is made with garlic oil so be warned your yard will smell like garlic for about two days.My yard is about 1/3 of an acre and the gallon has lasted about 3 years and I apply it 2-3 times a year.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by tinman28 View Post
    I've used the Mosquito Barrier from Amazon for about three years.It doesn't kill the mosquitoes it just keeps A majority of them away.The product is made with garlic oil so be warned your yard will smell like garlic for about two days.My yard is about 1/3 of an acre and the gallon has lasted about 3 years and I apply it 2-3 times a year.
    ha ha ha. sorry find this funny bc i wonder how long that would last in Texas! The mosquito is practically our state bird!