Landscape around pool

Mar 11, 2014
Orlando
was wanting to add about a 2 foot wide of landscape around my pool decking

I'm torn between lava rock / river rock or rubber mulch

The thing is we have 2 bigs dogs, who do like to run every now and then, if they see a creature in the backyard. What would work best that they wouldn't kick up everywhere ?

If your dog is like my dog, I'd stay away from the rubber due to ingestion. So that leaves You with lava n river rock. I prefer river only because we live so close to the river, it's natural!

I'd recommend the river rock. When we were looking to put rock in our pool area, my impression of the lava rock was that it very lightweight, had sharp edges and was fragile and would break down in the a couple of years. We have put down 20 cubic yards of river rock around our pool area (on top of landscape fabric) and are very happy with it. We have one area that is a very steep slope. We put the larger rocks there. It has survived several extremely heavy downpours and several inches of snow without shifting at all. So, unless you get the real small (1" - 2") river rocks, they should stand up to your dogs running through them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.