autopilot dig 220 problems

Jun 17, 2008
west tennessee
Hey guys, I need some help! I have an Autopilot dig 220 with sc-60 cell, I am getting the "Low Amps" with flashing red light! For the last 2 weeks it was on 22v 0.6a and for the last 4-5 days it says 9v 0.6a, I ran boost then checked at 14v 0.6a. I have checked voltage and all fuses. I have walked by and the light was not flashing then walk by an hour later and its flashing. it is a 35000 gallon pool just switched to cartridge filter and its a cloudy green, pouring bleach in as we speak! Thanks guys any help is greatly appreciated!

Hey guys, I need some help! I have an Autopilot dig 220 with sc-60 cell, I am getting the "Low Amps" with flashing red light! For the last 2 weeks it was on 22v 0.6a and for the last 4-5 days it says 9v 0.6a, I ran boost then checked at 14v 0.6a. I have checked voltage and all fuses. I have walked by and the light was not flashing then walk by an hour later and its flashing. it is a 35000 gallon pool just switched to cartridge filter and its a cloudy green, pouring bleach in as we speak! Thanks guys any help is greatly appreciated!

Try powering the unit down. Leave it off for about 1 minute. Turn it back on and make sure it is in boost. Run a test within 30 - 60 seconds and post the results here to confirm that you are getting an accurate reading. (This is the best method to ensure that you are getting accurate results.)

So far based on the low voltage and extremely low amps it looks like it could be a power board issue. How old is the controller?

ok so i went back to pool, turned breaker off to autopilot, thought what the heck, took cover off double check everything, put cover back on fired up, check voltage under boost: 15v 2.4a that is the highest I have seen the amps in awhile! maybe it was a connection who knows

Search the forum for something like "how to check an autopilot cell". There should be threads that might have the info you need. Basically you need to know how to troubleshoot the system and there are many threads that tell you what to look for.

Five years is a decent time for a SWG cell to last and you do have one of the most trusted brands, so I would not be rushing out to buy something else just yet. Keep using bleach until you find out the problem and then go from there. Hopefully someone else will see this that knows more about the Autopilots than I do and can help you more than I can.

There is definitely something wrong with the main unit, probably the power supply board. You would never see readings like that if the problem was the cell. That is not to say the cell is fine. We can't tell anything about the cell until the main unit is fixed.

AutoPilot doesn't give out much troubleshooting info. Fortunately their service people are fairly good, at least most of the time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I may have found why my autopilot may be acting up! I received my refill kit for my tfftest kit and ordered a aquacheck salt test strip and tested the salt, it said 1400ppm where as the autopilot registered 3200-3400ppm! getting salt tomorrow and try again! ta is 140 ph 7.5 cya 20-30

Be careful, it is far far more likely that the test strips are wrong than that the SWG is wrong about the salt level. The salt readout is independent of the cell power supply, and very likely is correct. If the only problem was the salt being low (and the readout wrong) the diagnostic numbers would have been very different.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.