Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing straps w/ 16g 1 1/4 will it be ok????

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacing straps w/ 16g 1 1/4 will it be ok????

Last week I realized I had broken straps under my buttress pool. Did some research and found that I could replace with with Simpson Strong Tie CS16g. The web site says there are 2" in width but, when I got them today they are actually 1 1/4. So the question will it work???We were going to bolt them all way to the begin of the buttress.

Thanks in advance for the help!!!!
    15x30 52" 92030 gallons above ground cartridge pool 10 years old bought 1 month ago installed last weekend

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replacing straps w/ 16g 1 1/4 will it be ok????

I'm not sure why they would be 1 1/4 if they are advertised for 2. Did you call them? If so, what did they say? Are you using them anyways? If so, let us know how it goes.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Here is what my husband did to fix our broken straps. He cut a slice in the metal and slid the strap through and not and bolted them.

Sorry for the late reply!!!
    15x30 52" 92030 gallons above ground cartridge pool 10 years old bought 1 month ago installed last weekend

4. Back To Top    #4

Sorry it took so long to get back and with an update. My cut a thin strip in the buttress bottom and strung the straps up from the bottom and not and bolted them. The last ones brook and they were screwed together. The pool is filled and holding just fine.