Don't laugh (or maybe do!)

Jun 13, 2014
Dallas, TX
We are moving into a new house this weekend. It has a pool. It was literally YEARS ago that I last took care of a pool (although, ironically, it was with liquid chlorine on some sort of "dripper" that I could adjust).

I've read Pool School at least four times. I've bought a REAL test kit like you guys recommend, and also have a few bottles of bleach, some Borax, and some Baking Soda.

When we inspected the house, the pool pump wasn't working and the pool looked, ummm... how shall I say it???.... NOT GOOD!

P1010426.jpg

The polaris wouldn't switch on, either.

============

I'll wait as you get over your insane jealousy of my lovely ASTROTURF pool decking (I thought astroturf was limited only to political discussions anymore... sadly, I was wrong.

Here's a photo of the pump, filter, etc. area:

P1010432.jpg

Yeah, so there's that. I have no clue what hp the pump is, or which way the water is going through all those pipes.

Anything else I can/should be doing between now and the weekend? Am I on the right track here?

I have some close-up photos of the individual pieces of equipment if that would help...

ANY ADVICE BEYOND BASIC POOL SCHOOL ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO WHILE I WAIT TO MOVE IN?? (Besides dropping the over-use of ALL CAPS?!?! And dropping the use of ridiculous punctuation?!!?!!??

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Well that is some interesting pipe routing to say the least. The suction pipes (water coming from the pool) enter the front of the pump (which I can barely see in the picture). The water then goes out of the top of the pump and into the filter and then out of the filter to all the mess on the left of the sideways picture.

There is then a line coming out of these return lines that is actually on the suction side of the booster pump for the polaris and then out of the top and to the cleaner. You need to have both pumps running for the cleaner to hopefully move.

That is some SWEET astroturf :D

Someone was extremely lazy hooking that pump up. Based on what I see, you could probably greatly improve flow by hard plumbing it in.

I wonder why they cut that piece of pipe off the valve, or really it looks like it was never installed.

That pool doesn't look that bad, it won't be hard to clean up once the equipment is running. By the way you'll need LOTS of bleach, and maybe NO borax or baking soda.

I love the Brady Bunch deck. LOL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
aqu4y6ug.jpg

8.25% sodium hypochlorite

$2.98 at my local Wally World

Look like a good deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.