Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Purchased the SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

Westport, MA

Purchased the SWG

So I decided to take the plunge... I purchased the Hayward Aqua Rite Pro SWG.
    One question is in regard to the pump I have, which is the Hayward EcoStar, and that is should I wire the SWG to be running anytime the pump is running (even on low rpm)? Will this offer enough flow to enable the flow switch?

18X36 inground with vinyl liner.. Hayward DE .... Upgraded to Hayward Ecostar
    26,700 gallons....

2. Back To Top    #2

Dallas, TX

Re: Purchased the SWG

I'm going to answer "maybe". My SWG works fine on low speed.

My recommendation would be to run it all the time the pump is running and adjust output to maintain your FC properly. I shoot for about 5-6 FC as I've found this ensures I never drop too low, even when there is bather load.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Sacramento, CA

Post removed: I just realized you have a VS pump, and my post was relevant only to 2 speed pumps.
    TFP Method Advanced Intermediate
    • 17,500 gallons - In Ground - Plaster - Hayward Swimclear 3020 Cartridge Filter - Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas Main Pump upgraded with A.O. Smith B2980 E-Plus New Centurion Two-Speed Motor - Polaris 280 Cleaner with Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump - TightWatt2 Timer - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit - Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWCG

Helpful Links: Pool School, BBB for Beginners, How to Shock ('s a process not a product), Chlorine/CYA Chart, Jason's Pool Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4
    Fayetteville, NY

Look in the manual for a minimum flow rate, although that only really helps if you have an accurate flow meter, although it week give you a better idea of what it needs.

I have a flow meter, FlowViz, and keep my slow speed above the minimum rate for the SWG.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Fayetteville, NY -17K gal, IG vinyl, Hayward SP2300VSP Max-Flo Variable Speed Pump, FlowVis Flow Meter, Sand filter
    Self designed Arduino powered automation for pump and solar control, Solar Attic Pool Heater, AutoPilot Digital SWG, TF100

5. Back To Top    #5
    Tulsa, OK

Wire it to run whenever the pump is running. You don't really need a flow meter. Just set the pump, and if the SWG doesn't have enough flow increase the speed until it has enough flow. That's the beauty of VS pumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    14k gal IG vinyl, Jandy Flopro 1 hp up-rated, 2 spd pump, Hayward 325 sq ft cartridge filter, Circupool Si-40 SWCG