Saltwater Magic Monthly Kits

DSdiver

Silver Supporter
Sep 12, 2013
South Eastern Wisconsin
First off I want to thank everyone who helped us SLAM our pool I'm new an may not have thanked the right people.

My question is after we did Our SLAM we have had 3 weeks of crystal clear water all our tests are in the recommended TFP guidelines and we are moving along nicely. last year (first year as pool owners) our contractor recommended we use the saltwater magic monthly kits , 1 every month during swim season. Ok so now to my question are they ok to use ? I really don't want to put this stuff in my pool and mess it up by not knowing what's going to happen. Second the kit is good for up to 20,000 gallons my pool is about 33,000 so I'm think if I do put them in it should be closer to 2 kits not one.

Anyway any help or light I could get would be great.

Mike and Heidi

Stolen from an old post:

Salt water magic is an expensive mix of salt, borax (and boric acid for pH neutrality), EDTA (a sequesterant you may or may not need--it's not the most effective sequesterant anyway) and CYA.
Add them separately and you will be in better control of the levels and you will also save a LOT of money.

This is the antithesis of what we teach. Throw a bunch of of stuff in whether you need it or not, without regard for what any levels if chemicals your pool may already have. I love that it is dosed per pool size regardless of any testing.

Salt Water Magic Chlorine Generator Monthly Maintenance Pack

Contains refresh salts for salt water chlorine generators and 1 liter of Salt Water Magic to remove phosphates, prevent stains and stabilize chlorine. Chemicals required to maintain your salt system.
Average Customer Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (3 Reviews)
3 of 3(100%)reviewers would recommend this product to a friend.

Jason this is all the info I can get right now I don't know what chemicals are in it because I don't have it in front of me.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I see the above post now thanks I'm just a newbie and wanted to see what you guys have to say Thank you for your time. I'm sticking with TFP logic and I'm not going to use it.

This is an easy one, no. Might I guess that your contractor has a store that sells this stuff? Of a friend that does?

Use your test kit, enter the findings in Pool Math and add what you need, nothing else. You already said
we have had 3 weeks of crystal clear water all our tests are in the recommended TFP guidelines
Why mess with success?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.