Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Saltwater Magic Monthly Kits

1. Back To Top    #1

Saltwater Magic Monthly Kits

First off I want to thank everyone who helped us SLAM our pool I'm new an may not have thanked the right people.

My question is after we did Our SLAM we have had 3 weeks of crystal clear water all our tests are in the recommended TFP guidelines and we are moving along nicely. last year (first year as pool owners) our contractor recommended we use the saltwater magic monthly kits , 1 every month during swim season. Ok so now to my question are they ok to use ? I really don't want to put this stuff in my pool and mess it up by not knowing what's going to happen. Second the kit is good for up to 20,000 gallons my pool is about 33,000 so I'm think if I do put them in it should be closer to 2 kits not one.

Anyway any help or light I could get would be great.

Mike and Heidi
    20x40 IG vinyl lined 34,100 gallon/Hayward filter EcoStar model SP 3400 VSP/Hayward filter(sand) model S310T2 flow rate 98GPM/RayPack gas heater model 266 266,000BTU/Aqua Plus Automation and chlorination with Hayward Turbo Cell T-Cell-15/Hayward universal color logic light/ Delta UV filter/4 return lines 2 skimmers and dual main drains/Auto cover/ Pool is 3 years old. TFT test kit XL speedstir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Saltwater Magic Monthly Kits

What is in the kit? If you don't know, then don't put it in the pool ... why waste money on something that is not needed?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Stolen from an old post:

Salt water magic is an expensive mix of salt, borax (and boric acid for pH neutrality), EDTA (a sequesterant you may or may not need--it's not the most effective sequesterant anyway) and CYA.
    Add them separately and you will be in better control of the levels and you will also save a LOT of money.
    This is the antithesis of what we teach. Throw a bunch of of stuff in whether you need it or not, without regard for what any levels if chemicals your pool may already have. I love that it is dosed per pool size regardless of any testing.
    TFP Method Advanced Intermediate
    • 17,500 gallons - In Ground - Plaster - Hayward Swimclear 3020 Cartridge Filter - Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas Main Pump upgraded with A.O. Smith B2980 E-Plus New Centurion Two-Speed Motor - Polaris 280 Cleaner with Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump - TightWatt2 Timer - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit - Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWCG

Helpful Links: Pool School, BBB for Beginners, How to Shock (hint...it's a process not a product), Chlorine/CYA Chart, Jason's Pool Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

Salt Water Magic Chlorine Generator Monthly Maintenance Pack

Contains refresh salts for salt water chlorine generators and 1 liter of Salt Water Magic to remove phosphates, prevent stains and stabilize chlorine. Chemicals required to maintain your salt system.
    Average Customer Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (3 Reviews)
    3 of 3(100%)reviewers would recommend this product to a friend.

Jason this is all the info I can get right now I don't know what chemicals are in it because I don't have it in front of me.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I see the above post now thanks I'm just a newbie and wanted to see what you guys have to say Thank you for your time. I'm sticking with TFP logic and I'm not going to use it.
    20x40 IG vinyl lined 34,100 gallon/Hayward filter EcoStar model SP 3400 VSP/Hayward filter(sand) model S310T2 flow rate 98GPM/RayPack gas heater model 266 266,000BTU/Aqua Plus Automation and chlorination with Hayward Turbo Cell T-Cell-15/Hayward universal color logic light/ Delta UV filter/4 return lines 2 skimmers and dual main drains/Auto cover/ Pool is 3 years old. TFT test kit XL speedstir.

5. Back To Top    #5

This is an easy one, no. Might I guess that your contractor has a store that sells this stuff? Of a friend that does?

Use your test kit, enter the findings in Pool Math and add what you need, nothing else. You already said
    we have had 3 weeks of crystal clear water all our tests are in the recommended TFP guidelines
    Why mess with success?
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for the guidance everyone