Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question on pool pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Question on pool pump

I changed my sand at the beginning of this year, I'm not sure it has anything to do with it but here goes. When I hook up my auto cleaner it will run fine for about ten minutes with strong suction, and a strong flow from the return. After about ten minutes the cleaner will lose sution and just sit there. When I pull the cleaner out of the return there is little suction in the skimmer, and very little flow from the return. If I backwash the filter it will return to full power. When I backwash there is little to no dirt in the sight glass. When I changed the sand I was very careful to make sure I added the correct amount of sand and throughly cleaned and inspected the laterals to make sure none was broken. I'm not sure what is happening. Any ideas?
    24' Sharkline Venture AGP
    1.5HP Hayward Pump and Sand Filter
    Waveglow Jet Thru-wall LED Light

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question on pool pump

If I understood you right it sounds like there is a leak in your cleaner hose allowing air in.
    15x30 above ground pool
    Hayward S180T Sand Filter with 1.5 hp pump
    Central Kentucky

3. Back To Top    #3
    Lakeland, FL

What's the pressure before the cleaning/during the cleaning/after the cleaning?
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Lakeland Florida

4. Back To Top    #4
    Arkadelphia, AR

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge89 View Post
    If I understood you right it sounds like there is a leak in your cleaner hose allowing air in.
    +1 I would be looking for an air leak somewhere.
    Mac.Dblues and ProfessorDaisy's Lower Arkansas Pool Install
    Intex UltraFrame 20ft x 52in deep, 9,400 Gallons / Approx 78,500 lbs, Intex 1600 GPH, 14" sand filter, Hayward Dyna-Skim SP1091LX, Taylor K-2006, SpeedStir, Sample Sizer
    First Fill May 2014, Deck finished June 2014, Mods happening probably on a continuous basis. Stay tuned.....