Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aldi's bleach? Startup questions?

1. Back To Top    #1

Aldi's bleach? Startup questions?

Finally received replacement parts to fix our sand filter and we are starting up today!! Pool is GREEN so I am slamming.

Went to Aldi's to stock up on bleach and discovered it to be different from what we've been using in previous years. Their Tandil bleach is now concentrated and in 64oz. bottles. Active ingredients read: Sodium Hypochlorite...8.25% But also says Yields 7.85% available chlorine. It's not a huge difference, but which number should I use to calculate my chlorinating levels?

Diane, OH-IO
    33 ft. round/25,700 gal. AG/ Hayward Power Flow Matrix 1.5 HP pump Hayward Sand Filter Model 8210T 2.2 ft since 2010

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Aldi's bleach? Startup questions?

That is 8.25% bleach. But small bottles. I recommend you shop around and use this calculator to find the best deal:
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Fort Mill, SC

Re: Aldi's bleach? Startup questions?

I just discovered this 8.25% Tandil bleach at Aldis at $1.40 for 64 fl oz. That's the best price I've found on bleach near where I live. The smaller bottle is a pain I guess, but I typically add a 1/2 gallon per day anyways so it sort of works out.