Under contruction in the Florida Keys.

LisaT

Apr 8, 2014
Florida Keys
Hi all, first time poster here. I've been glued to TFP forums for the past few months and the site has been very helpful, so thank you.

We are in the middle of a new IG, shotcrete pool build need help choosing a pool finish. My builder has not been able to show me any pools (possibly because none of his previous customers will speak to him) and we'd like to select something before we're too old to use the pool. Haha, just kidding! The build is taking a tad longer than the 6-8 weeks we were quoted during the "courting" phase. Anyway, I guess I'm wondering if there are any TFP people down in the Keys who would be willing to show off their pools or photos of their pool. Our choices are either River Rok or Florida Gem Series and are considering a gray finish. However, we have a large sun shelf and I'm not sure about having a large, gray shelf and steps. My contractor says they can use 2 separate colors, one for the pool and one for the steps and sun shelf. Has anyone ever heard of this? How did it work out?

Thanks in advance for any ideas, suggestions, or photos.

Good to know my dreams can come true!! And thanks for the suggestion of a lighter color pool for Florida, Waldog, I hadn't thought of that. And MartinKennedy, is the deck around the pool in your photos made of coral stone? If so, do you know if it requires sealing?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.