Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Brush - Wall Whale XL?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Brush - Wall Whale XL?

I did a search and it appears the Wall Whale is highly recommended and I was wondering if it is ok to use on an semi-above ground pool with a vinyl liner? It is oval shaped, 52" (total height of liner)

I've had my pool a total of 1 month and had a vinyl tear so I am extremely scared on what to use. Everything is fixed now and doing a fresh fill as we speak.
    12' x 18' Oval Above Ground Pool (buried 2')
    Manufacturer states ~5,000 gallons
    Pentair CC75 Cartridge Filter System 1-HP Opti-Flo Pump
    Bleach Chlorination Method
    Aquabot Junior Vacuum

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Pool Brush - Wall Whale XL?

It comes with vinyl bristles so should be fine in your pool. I am not sure I would recommend the XL version though ... it is plenty work moving the regular one through the water.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Cincinnati, OH

Oh goody I finally have a quick opportunity to give a thumbs up for the Wall Whale - we bought the XL version a few weeks ago. This thing is great! I like it a lot and works as advertised, keeping the brush on the intended surface on the forward/down stroke and return if you are doing the bottom. I will agree with jbizzle, the XL is a little on the large size, thus some perceived additional effort. The XL is 20 inches (and an apparent extra row of bristles) vs regular size at 18 inches. My wife loves it. If it works for her that's all that matters.
    Pool: IG 22k- 16x32 clipped corners- vinyl liner, w/ a great board. Built in 3/99, new to me 2/2011.
    Equip: Hayward 3600 DE filter, Hayward CL-200 Chlorinator (empty since 7/5/2013).
    K-2006 Test kit with Speedstir
    Located in Cincinnati, OH. TFP lurker since 9/2011, BBB interested since 5/2012 and converted 7/2013.

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW PA

I loved my whale brush! It went to my brother with the rest of the pool.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter