Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: electronic timers?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Northern Virginia

electronic timers?

I'm interested in upgrading my twin intermatic mechanical timers (pump and vacuum booster) to something electronic and easy to program. Worth it? Any recommend models?

I have an old school pool heater without an operating thermostat, so right now to use it, as a safeguard I pull the "off" stops off the timer. It would be nice to just hit a button instead.

Edit, I see intermatic makes replacment electronic models... PB 300 series?
    45'x12' 17k gal, IG plaster, Pool Pilot Nano+ SWG, 1/2hp Whisperflo pump, PAC-FAB TA-60D sand filter, Raypak 266 heater
    Pool School + Test Kit + Pool Math = Trouble Free Pool

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: electronic timers?

If everything works, I wouldn't upgrade. There is nothing wrong with upgrading, I just like to have a stronger reason before messing with something that is working.

If you do upgrade, I like the Intermatic P1353ME.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Sacramento, CA

Re: electronic timers?

Jason, As an engineer I know that nothing works so well that I am not willing to try to break (oops I mean fix ) it. I think this is also part of the guy code.
    TFP Method Advanced Intermediate
    • 17,500 gallons - In Ground - Plaster - Hayward Swimclear 3020 Cartridge Filter - Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas Main Pump upgraded with A.O. Smith B2980 E-Plus New Centurion Two-Speed Motor - Polaris 280 Cleaner with Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump - TightWatt2 Timer - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit - Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWCG

Helpful Links: Pool School, BBB for Beginners, How to Shock ('s a process not a product), Chlorine/CYA Chart, Jason's Pool Calculator