Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Electrical question

1. Back To Top    #1

Electrical question

Good morning all,
    Here is a pic of my swg. The little gray box off to the left is a main power switch to be able to shut off all power to pump and swg if ever needed. I noticed this morning it was in the down position which is the off position. Pump and swg are running. When I move the switch there is no resistance/no switching. I guess the question is, do you think I need to replace the switch or is there something inside the swg control panel I need to look at? Thank you for your help.
    23k gal, IG, vinyl, Pentair sand filter, 1 hp single speed pump, pool pilot digital swg, Hayward sharkvac. Built May 2013

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Electrical question

The bat handle on that switch has a complimentary component on the inside that usually "flips" a toggle switch. It could be that the lever is loose on the shaft or that the switch "handle" has broken off. You can pull that cover off and what's wrong should be clear.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Bama, that's exactly what is was. I took the cover off and the plastic hook that flips the switch fell out. Put it back together and it works now. Thanks for the quick response.
    23k gal, IG, vinyl, Pentair sand filter, 1 hp single speed pump, pool pilot digital swg, Hayward sharkvac. Built May 2013

4. Back To Top    #4

Sometimes we get lucky and the fix is easy!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit