Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 4" Outlet/Return on Leisure Bay Pool - Help!

1. Back To Top    #1

4" Outlet/Return on Leisure Bay Pool - Help!

We are the second owners of an apx 15 yo Leisure Bay pool (company out of business). The return on the pool is broken - water pouring out. It is also HUGE. The hole in the pool wall/liner is currently 4 3/4" wide.

When I walk into local places with this enormous piece their eyes bug out before they show me the "normal" sized above ground pool return that fits nicely in the palm of the hand.

Does anyone have a source for older pool parts or a way to retrofit a pool? My husband can repair/weld the outside hole (probably) but we are at that point in pool life where he is NOT going to replace the liner. The kids are older and while we still want the pool for a few more years - a liner and water replacement is not in the cards.

We are hoping to find a new part - but if we can't - repair the outer wall (easier), patch the currently large hole (harder) and refit for a new, modern, smaller return.

Anyone have any tips or tricks or commiseration on this one? We can't be the only people with an older Leisure Bay pool. Can we?
    Last edited by Kymberly; 06-18-2014 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Size Adjustment
    24' round/52" deep Leisure Bay AG est. 13.5k gallons
    Hayward TS180 Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 4" Outlet/Return on Leisure Bay Pool - Help!

The intex returns are pretty large... maybe you could modify one with some PVC and parts from one of those off of amazon? I think they sell just the returns.
    Installed May 2014 - 16' x 48" Summer Escapes Pro Series Pool AG Vinyl (6,000 gal) - Intex 2650 Sand Filter - Christmas, FL

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Waldog View Post
    The intex returns are pretty large... maybe you could modify one with some PVC and parts from one of those off of amazon? I think they sell just the returns.
    It's worth a shot. Thank you!

4. Back To Top    #4

I may have a solution (sharing for other owners). This is a Turbo Jet Return Fitting. If you use that as your search term results are much better