Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Low Range and High Range Testing Kit

1. Back To Top    #1

Low Range and High Range Testing Kit

Can anyone please explain to me what the difference is between a Low Range and High Range testing kit? I keep seeing the differences on some pool sites and I'm not sure exactly what makes them different from each other.

Thank You!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Low Range and High Range Testing Kit

This is fairly rare in swimming pool test kits. In the test kit industry generally, say you had some parameter that varies from 0 to 100. A low range kit might test from 0 to 10 in steps of 1, while a high range kit might test from 0 to 100 in steps of 10. The actual ranges covered and available precision vary with the test kit.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

It would appear that the low range kits will only work in lower ranges of concentration, like chlorine up to 5 ppm. Save yourself the aggrivation and just pick one off the list of test kits that have been compared.. The TF100 will give you more of the reagents you will need the most. If you feel you must "shop" the net to get a better price, the K2006C is the kit you should be comparing.

You will save money over the course of a season with the TF100 due to having the reagents you need and not reordering some. Get the XL option and the speedstir.

If you are going to follow TFPC method you need the right kit. Folks here cant help you unless you can provide the water analysis they need to diagnose the problem.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

4. Back To Top    #4

We are having no problems yet. I was just wondering what the difference was.
    16X34 Kayak Pool with a swim area of 12X24 Recessed down 2ft
    2 Main floor Drains, In Wall Skimmer, 1 return
    Optiflow Pump 1 Hp
    Sta-Rite - Modular Media Cartridge Filter
    Pool Frog System Kayak Kleaner Vac. System