Thermoplastic pool step question

Jul 6, 2008
Jacksonville, NC
I was the recipient of a 27' above ground, round steel wall pool. I plan on setting it up in the next 2 weeks. A friend has a steel sided pool with concrete bottom, vinyl liner and thermoplastic resin steps. I was wondering if anyone has incorporated these type steps with this type pool. I do not know the original manufacturer of the pool I was given. Only that it is 27' by 52".

I would love to use these type steps as they would not be protruding into the pool and would make entering and exiting the pool easier and safer. The company that installed my friend's pool is gone.

The center pool is what got my attention.
Has anyone done this or know anyone who has done this?
Is it doable?
The pool will be offset in a 40' by 40' deck.
semi-aboveground-pools1.jpg

Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Hi there!
The center pool is designed to be used with that type of step :(...but I have thought about this also. So you have an old (was freebie?) pool. I think it could be done if you are willing to risk damaging your pool beyond repair and are a MASTER fabricator. The step panels are expensive, and the pool will have to be buried. Consider also how you will set your liner.

I recommend no on the steps even though they would be awesome. Spend your money on a nice ladder and landscaping and you will be very happy with your pool.

If you do try to fabricate the pool, you will essentially throw everything off which would include but not limited to the tracking, rails, post, liner ect.

Not worth it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.