Backwash issue

Feb 18, 2014
Houston, TX
So, last evening i backwashed and opened my filter. I hosed it down to get all the built up DE off.
I then lubed and closed it and set it on backwash 2 more times and a rinse cycle after.
I added 1 scoop of DE in the skimmer while looking for any DE coming out of the return lines. I saw none.
Next thing I know the pool looks very cloudy. I dont know where all that DE came from. I continued to add scoops to verify where they were coming from. I never found out.

What should i do now? open the filter and look for tears in the blades/wings? replace them?

Opening the filter is the next step. It's likely that you didn't get one of the grids back in the manifold correctly. Also check them closely for tears while they're out. Once you have it all back together just vacuum the DE in the pool to the filter.

So 5 out of 8 grids had tears. Im going to replace all the grids and the oring you mentioned. The pool has a lot of de in it. If I brush it, it will stay cloudy for hours.

So I was planning on doing a 100 percent de charge since the filters are new. Should I vacuum the de that settled on the bottom of the pool o4 run the pump 24/7. Wont both solution add extra de to the filter?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.