Status
Not open for further replies.
In order of precedence you should test and adjust,
pH
FC
TA (only if it's a potential issue)
CH (only if it's high)
CYA

Since you know that you don't have any CYA you can go ahead and buy some and once you get the pH adjusted (if needed) and some FC in there you can go ahead and add enough CYA to get you to about 30 ppm. Once it's dissolved, go ahead and start dosing the FC to the recommended level for 30 ppm CYA.

P.S. You say everything is in range, but you haven't posted any test results.
Please post
pH=
FC=
TA=
CYA=zero
Hey there did test and they ate as follows ph 8.2
I had to check total chlorine and I got 1 cause its on the lighter side.
TA was 160
Cya I checked again dot on bottom of tube still didn't disappear so im going to say 0.
CH 170

kevinj

Thanks for posting the results.
The first thing you need to do is add muriatic acid to get the pH down to about 7.4 or so.
Since you say the TC is 1ppm I'd add enough bleach to get to about 2ppm.
Then I'd add enough CYA to get to 30 ppm.

At that point you probably need to SLAM the pool. In order to do that effectively you need a better chlorine test. If you do nothing else, at least order a FAS-DPD chlorine test. Tftestkits has them as a standalone kit.

How does your water look now?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Also I've read in a few places that that you wanna add the bleach at dusk that way it has all night to increase free chlorine, and if done during day sun will break it down too fast sounds good but I just don't want to waste my time thanks again

kevinj

I have not purchased any chemicals using the BBB method

kevinj

Well you are not truly using the BBB method since you don't know your pool chemistry. I was also reluctant to blow $100 plus on a test kit but three seasons later i have saved that much and then some. On top of that i understand my water chemistry and can almost run my pool without testing since i know it so well :cool:

The most important part of all of this is knowing your water which requires an accurate test.

There is success story after success story on here so there must be something to it!

Well you are not truly using the BBB method since you don't know your pool chemistry. I was also reluctant to blow $100 plus on a test kit but three seasons later i have saved that much and then some. On top of that i understand my water chemistry and can almost run my pool without testing since i know it so well :cool:

The most important part of all of this is knowing your water which requires an accurate test.

There is success story after success story on here so there must be something to it!
Um did you not see my results I posted yesterday

kevinj

I'm sure I'll get there in time this is my first pool so I'm a newbie so it'll take time, you all were in my shoes at one time too ship

kevinj

Believe it or not i was trying to be helpful and supportive. As i said i was reluctant to pony up the cash for a good test kit .... now i couldn't care for a pool without it!

We are all trying to help ..... but accurate test results are mission critical to getting your water clear!

Most all the posters here are really trying to help. I do understand how hard it is to grasp the fact that you really need good accurate tests in order to truly maintain your pool properly, and especially when there's a problem.

Please tell me if you followed my instructions and what the water looks like now?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.