Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: stenner pump head orientation

1. Back To Top    #1

stenner pump head orientation

Hi

anyone know if this can be changed so inlet/outlet are on the other side?

there's no mention in the manual but from the diagram in the stenner docs i don't see why it wouldn't work
    ...it looks like you could orientate it any way you wish but i haven't removed the head to see.

Thanks!
    1987 16k gallons IG, Marbletire Marquis, ,Pentair superflo 1hp, Hayward s244t, Chlorine (working on stenner setup)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: stenner pump head orientation

While you can't flip the head over to make the Inlet where the outlet is, vise-versa, you can rotate the head around the shaft axis to several different positions.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi Bama, thanks! yeah that's what it looked like to me too. thanks alot for the info.
    1987 16k gallons IG, Marbletire Marquis, ,Pentair superflo 1hp, Hayward s244t, Chlorine (working on stenner setup)

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by swadeab View Post
    Hi Bama, thanks! yeah that's what it looked like to me too. thanks alot for the info.
    On my 85mhp17 there are 3 mounting points where the head matches up to the body of the unit. Therefore, you can only mount the head in three different positions.
    Anthony Pool, 35k gal plaster, DE (1.5hp Ultraflow), Rainbow 320, Dolphin Diagnostic 2001 (Advantage) & Polaris, Retrofitted Anthony mod #20 120v Niche light with Pentair 5G & adapter ring, 70's build / recoped and plastered 1.5 years ago

5. Back To Top    #5

yeah i pulled mine today, there are 3 mount points but putting it on in any other way was at angled positions, i couldn't
    in otherwords flip it to the exact other side. No biggie turned out to be better in the original position anyways.