above ground liner fading

Hi swimcat!

I had a dolphin print liner with tan bottom. Have to tell you if I could have found the liner, I would have installed it in my new pool. Can not find it anywhere as it would have to have the tan bottom!!!

Here it is after it faded into the gorgeous aqua blue water color I loved so much!!!

I lost the pool in a divorce, in case you're wondering why I don't have it anymore. The liner was only 3 years old. :(

Hi, Casey,

Thanks again for that picture. I really love photos of pools. I love both the dolphin and the caribbean liner but the caribbean was available in a higher gauge so I went with it. I hope I don't need a new liner for many more years but next one will probably be a dolphin liner. I love dolphins and fish, even though I call myself "swimcat" because I have so many cat cats. :)

Hi swimcat! I believe the liner I had was a 25mil. It was very strong!

I've seen the blue bottoms but I want the tan one. My kids chose that liner and we loved it!

wondering if swimcat is still around to share a picture of the caribbean liner? I am thinking of getting this one but am afraid it may look too cartoonish....

wondering if swimcat is still around to share a picture of the caribbean liner? I am thinking of getting this one but am afraid it may look too cartoonish....
Geez, Paul. Can't believe I just saw this message! I have been around but didn't check messages for a few months when my Mom was ill so, regretfully, I didn't see yours. Though my answer is, probably, woefully too late, I do like my caribbean liner. I don't find it cartoonish looking at all. Of course, I have a 12 foot round pool so the viewable part of the liner is relatively small. I can take pix this week if you'd like. Did you decide on a liner?

Geez, Paul. Can't believe I just saw this message! I have been around but didn't check messages for a few months when my Mom was ill so, regretfully, I didn't see yours. Though my answer is, probably, woefully too late, I do like my caribbean liner. I don't find it cartoonish looking at all. Of course, I have a 12 foot round pool so the viewable part of the liner is relatively small. I can take pix this week if you'd like. Did you decide on a liner?
Please do post pics. ?

Hi Swimcat! Ha ha, yes, I replaced my liner long ago and am quite happy with what I chose. You can see the link and pictures of it here:

Agree with Casey, please do share your pictures!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Can you kind of trap the pump between your legs/feet and tap the cover with a mallet to loosen it? I've done that before with success.

Thanks, Paul. I tried everything. I don't have the strength. Believe it or not, I had to wait till an out of town relative who works out and has big hands was around to do it for me. I, still, haven't put it back on. Any suggestions as to how I could put it on so I don't have this problem again? I, rarely, clean out the pump basket for this reason.

Reactions: Kjp300
sorry, was out of town for the week and unplugged, but I second frogabog's idea - the silicon lube should help. I always have the issue you describe after the pump sits for the winter.

Dont use petroleum jelly. Pool stores sell pool lube for O rings. This is about the only product I buy at pool stores.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.