Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Refurbishing an old Aquabot TigerShark and is it practical for me?

1. Back To Top    #1

Refurbishing an old Aquabot TigerShark and is it practical for me?

So recently I picked up an old Aquabot TigerShark for a few bucks. I dropped it in the pool and it seems operate appropriately, the impeller is broken, the plastic wheel brushes and filter are tired. The plastic doors on the filter seem to not want to stay in place.

I have a small 10,000 gallon pool under a cage--Maybe 25 minutes to vacuum and brush. When ran it and it seems to just seem to stay in the deep end but does occasionally climb the walls.

I was not really searching for a pool cleaner and just happen upon this. Seems like my options are to either keep it and refurbish it for my own use, or tell it on ebay in it's current condition for about $150.

Just wanted to know everyone's thoughts on what I should do? And how much money would be required to refurbish.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Refurbishing an old Aquabot TigerShark and is it practical for me?

Your the only one who can decide if it is worth your time and money to repair it. A new one costs around $900-1200 on average. How much would the replacement parts cost? How much time would it take to make the repairs? This should also factor into whether it would be worth anyone else's time and money if you decide to sell it. If the parts are expensive and the job is time consuming you won't get much for it as is.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Refurbishing an old Aquabot TigerShark and is it practical for me?

To help you decide:
    http://www.poolcenter.com/p/tigershark-SP_0781
    Looks to me that you will need the following, at the least
    • Impeller
    • 2 wheel roller brushes
    • bottom lid assemble

That about $80
    30,000 gal, 20 x 40 ft vinyl, IG, installed 2006
    1 HP WhisperFlo pump, 60 sqft Pentair Quad D.E., Liquidator(8 gallon) with 3/8 upgrade,TigerShark cleaning robot
    TFTestkits TF-100 with SpeedStir,WS
    A proud practitioner of TFP since 2013