Jandy VS Pump DC UNDERVOLT

fezs

Jun 17, 2014
Smithtown/NY
I have a Jandy 2.0HP VS FloPro Variable-Speed Pump With JEP-R Controller that was installed brand new when the pool was opened this spring. The pool was built 3 yrs ago and we replaced the single speed jandy pump for energy efficiency. The problem I am having is the gfci breaker at the sub panel trips (breaker controls pump and aquapure generator only). I have never had this problem before. I read the owners manual and accessed the setup mode/faults and it read: DC UNDERVOLT. There is no specific time frame when this occurs. image.jpg

I have the exact same pump and pretty much the same problem. The pump will run for a few hours and then it trips the GFCI 50amp, 230v supply breaker. I get the same DC undervolt message. It does not trip the 20amp pump breaker. The old pump never tripped the GFCI so I am wondering if this is something to do with a variable speed pump.

I do get a squealing sound when it first starts. My situation is odd however....my breaker does not trip all the time. I run my pump from 12am-8am. One morning I heard it trip around 730 am...meaning it ran all night without a problem. My setup includes at separate electrical sub panel by my pool equipment. The pump and salt are on the 20amp gfi breaker and that is what trips. The pool breaker at my main panel has never tripped. I have been in contact with a Jandy rep who has said it could be communication failure in the cable between the pump and JEP-R controller. I am waiting to hear back from pump installer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.