About to convert, question about when to clear floc

newjr

Jun 16, 2014
MA
So, I have decided to convert from Baqua to chlorine after 2 sucessful years and 2 terrible years. My question is about the floc that is making my pool hazy. Should I do the conversion then see where I stand with the amount of floc in the pool? Or, should I use the floc, let settle for 48hrs, then vacuum to waste? Thanks in advance for all the information I have learned so far from this forum.

That is the guide I was planning to follow, my Taylor-2600 test kit arrived today as well. I used flocculant last year and all the junk settled to the bottom and I vacuumed to waste and refilled almost half the pool. It did work somewhat.

So can I just disregard the haze for now and go ahead with the conversion? My TA is 120, Ph is 7.0 but I added borax to bump it a bit, my Baqua is 30 so I know it will take a lot longer to convert.

thanks.

Most people start the conversion BECAUSE of the hazy water. So, yea, that will get taken care of in the process.

Order more FAS-DPD reagents NOW because you will run out before you are done. May also want to get more of the CYA reagent too while at it ... there is a reason we try to recommend the TF-100 kit.

jblizzle, thanks for the info. I thought I was doing the right thing getting the Taylor kit, oh well. I should have enough to get this process started tomorrow morning. Are the replacement reagents something I could typically find in a local pool store? I would prefer not to have to wait for them to get here...I am already burning good pool days in our short New England pool season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.