No Free Chlorine?

Hedgie

Sep 12, 2013
Northern New Jersey
ok, It rained terribly last week and my covered pool developed pink slime. I shocked the **** out of it and it looks like i got it all - no more pink, just some white residue to be vacuumed. However, I am getting good reading on all fronts including CYA and Total chlorine, but I am not showing any Free Chlorine. PH and Alkalinity are fine too. Granted this is with a test strip, but it still makes no sense that the FC would not register.

To be clear i did not use just shock - my pool store recommended an algecide so the bio film should be gone.

Any thoughts? As an aside, i had installed a chlorinator rather than dropping tabs in the skimmer (as I had been recommended to do) The chlorine is being consumed in the skimmer, so i assume it is working. For good measure I added tabs to the skimmer during the pink slime removal just to be sure I was adding more than enough chlorine.

Thanks!

If the FC is that high it could be bleaching the test strip out. Save yourself heartache, buy a good,test kit and ditch the pool store. While there are a few honest stores,out there they are few and far between.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.