ok, It rained terribly last week and my covered pool developed pink slime. I shocked the **** out of it and it looks like i got it all - no more pink, just some white residue to be vacuumed. However, I am getting good reading on all fronts including CYA and Total chlorine, but I am not showing any Free Chlorine. PH and Alkalinity are fine too. Granted this is with a test strip, but it still makes no sense that the FC would not register.
To be clear i did not use just shock - my pool store recommended an algecide so the bio film should be gone.
Any thoughts? As an aside, i had installed a chlorinator rather than dropping tabs in the skimmer (as I had been recommended to do) The chlorine is being consumed in the skimmer, so i assume it is working. For good measure I added tabs to the skimmer during the pink slime removal just to be sure I was adding more than enough chlorine.