Floating Weirs?

Sorry to be a pain, but when the doors are working properly it creates a "current" of water that sucks everything into the skimmer from the surface; with just a basket in there (and no doors) there is no such "current" and everything just stays in the pool....am I missing something? Would this product magically create the current I am describing by itself?

Hello,
I can't compare, when I got my pool it came with the floating weir. It does the job, I have a 2 speed pump and it runs 90% on low, and it works. The floating weir part creates the "surface current", and the basket catches the floating debris. It's pretty efficient.

Floating weir.jpg

You'll need to check the opening size to make sure the basket fits. The solid part is the floating weir it rides in the basket. The part numbers cross reference to the part that was specified in the other post. Look at the bottom of the web page that the links are on.

The depth of the skimmer need to be deeper than 7 3/4" and the opening across where the basket sits, should be round and larger than 7 1/2" and smaller than 8 7/16".

Depending on the amount of debris you get in your pool (leaves/twings) will determine how often you'll need to empty the basket.

Hope that helps. I you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Hello,
I can't compare, when I got my pool it came with the floating weir. It does the job, I have a 2 speed pump and it runs 90% on low, and it works. The floating weir part creates the "surface current", and the basket catches the floating debris. It's pretty efficient.

View attachment 30765

You'll need to check the opening size to make sure the basket fits. The solid part is the floating weir it rides in the basket. The part numbers cross reference to the part that was specified in the other post. Look at the bottom of the web page that the links are on.

The depth of the skimmer need to be deeper than 7 3/4" and the opening across where the basket sits, should be round and larger than 7 1/2" and smaller than 8 7/16".

Depending on the amount of debris you get in your pool (leaves/twings) will determine how often you'll need to empty the basket.

Hope that helps. I you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

I ultimately found out that my skimmer is a Pentair S20 Admiral with the weir doors attached to permanently mounted pins in the side walls. There is no way to properly put a replacement weir door into that design (my saga is on a separate thread and I am going to post this there as well to help others); however the A&S pool guy who gave me the skimmer info from my 1999 records, said try to put the door in backwards and although not perfect it will work for the most part. Did that (duh!!) and it worked! Unfortunately, someone knocked off one of the permanent mounting pins on the other skimmer so am going to try this circular weir design in that skimmer. I will then see which works best and go from there...whew!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.