Slight pool heater problem.

Nov 6, 2013
Hello again. I have a Jandy Lite 2 heater that was set up to be used as a dumb switch because something with the temperature sensor or switch was contently failing.
This was great last year, but now the heater is not starting up all the time when we switch it on. I think it might be the rocker switch because if we flip it off and on a couple times it kicks on.
Any other ideas on the possible issue or where to get one that's cheap?

Thanks in advance.

New issue starting at post 6.

Last edited:
Hello, got a new problem with the heater. The pilot light won't stay light.
Every time I let the knob rise up to set it "on" the pilot goes out before I can turn the knob. If I continue to hold the knob down in pilot mode, it's fine.
Any advise? I would like to avoid calling someone if possible.

Pilot generator is bad but to double check, use a volt meter set to milivolt to check the voltage that it is generating. If it not generating at least 450mv, it won't be enough to keep the pilot portion of the gas valve open.

You have to get the reading while holding down the knob on the gas valve. That reading has to be over 450 minimum in order for the pilot portion of the valve to keep the pilot lit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.