Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hotel Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Hotel Pool

I was in Boulder, CO last week. This is the hotel pool. And yes, people were swimming in it.

Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hotel Pool

Looks to me like their pool operator needs to apply himself a little more.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Since finding this site, I won't get in any pool other than my own.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

..........gotta love a "bottomless" pool!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
    Since finding this site, I won't get in any pool other than my own.
    A blessing and a curse. Knowing and being able to see how bad most pools are in contrast to my own... means I don't swim much when away from home.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

6. Back To Top    #6

I agree I have seen very few pools at hotels, etc. that I would consider swimming in, there are however a handful of places that I travelled to that have impressed me with their level of water care, at least on the non scientific testing method of lack of CC smell, water clarity, etc.

Perhaps this is a good time to make a list:

Starting with the waterparks

Schlitterbahn
    The original water park in New Braunfels, Texas (I don't know about their new added location), one thing that makes them different than most water parks is they get their water from the spring fed river that runs next to the park and don't recycle it over and over again.

Atlantis Resort, the Bahamas
    The effort they appear to go to on water filtration and treatment should be the envy of any pool operation, this may be related to the fact that they also have one of the worlds largest open top salt water aquarium setups.

The Greenbrier
    The indoor pool at the Greenbrier resort is something everyone that is into swimming pools should experience, it is a massive Olympic sized Roman themed indoor pool, and perhaps most impressive of all is that it is over 100 years old. Perhaps part of the low CC smell and clear water I saw when I was there last summer could be attributed to the relatively low use the indoor pool saw compared to their outdoor pool. The few times I managed to get by the indoor pool during my stay I never saw more than half a dozen people using it, which is just the proverbial drop in a bucket in a pool of its size. (the ex secret nuclear fallout bunker for congress is impressive also)
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

7. Back To Top    #7

😷 That's nasty!
    MermaidMama

18' Round x 52" Doughboy AGP ~ TF-100 Test Kit
    Powerline XP Pump 1.5 HP ~ AquaView 20" Sand Filter ~

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
    I was in Boulder, CO last week. This is the hotel pool. And yes, people were swimming in it.
    Next time, stay at the Boulderado! No pool, but ghosts....lots of ghosts.
    18' x 41' IG w/vinyl liner. 30000 Gallons. 78" x 78" poolside spa
    1.5 hp Hayward pump - sand filter & Tiger Shark QC robot
    Compool CP3800 Control Panel
    TF-100 kit
    Built in 2002. "Inherited" w/House in 2012. Located in Pittsburgh

9. Back To Top    #9

I have to pick from a given set of chains 99% of the time.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
    I agree I have seen very few pools at hotels, etc. that I would consider swimming in, there are however a handful of places that I travelled to that have impressed me with their level of water care, at least on the non scientific testing method of lack of CC smell, water clarity, etc.

Perhaps this is a good time to make a list:

Starting with the waterparks

Schlitterbahn
    The original water park in New Braunfels, Texas (I don't know about their new added location), one thing that makes them different than most water parks is they get their water from the spring fed river that runs next to the park and don't recycle it over and over again.

Atlantis Resort, the Bahamas
    The effort they appear to go to on water filtration and treatment should be the envy of any pool operation, this may be related to the fact that they also have one of the worlds largest open top salt water aquarium setups.

The Greenbrier
    The indoor pool at the Greenbrier resort is something everyone that is into swimming pools should experience, it is a massive Olympic sized Roman themed indoor pool, and perhaps most impressive of all is that it is over 100 years old. Perhaps part of the low CC smell and clear water I saw when I was there last summer could be attributed to the relatively low use the indoor pool saw compared to their outdoor pool. The few times I managed to get by the indoor pool during my stay I never saw more than half a dozen people using it, which is just the proverbial drop in a bucket in a pool of its size. (the ex secret nuclear fallout bunker for congress is impressive also)
    We made a trip to Schlitterbahn, New Braunfels the week after a major flood. Some of the rides had not reopened as they were still cleaning river silt out of them. I found a massive pile of huge dirty cartridges behind one of the utility sheds, wish I had taken a picture of it. The river water is filtered but not chlorinated. Their other locations use chlorinated water. I like NB better. The setting is beautiful and shady and the river water is always cool. The re-circulated chlorinated water tends to get pretty warm and it is not as refreshing.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!