Solar cover reels innovations?

Your Welcome:p

I use it with my 18 X 9 pool
Here is a pic of it:
2rmnk0z.jpg

I went a different route on mine (18' dia) I built a frame that I roll the cover up on and set it on the side of the pool. I will try to remember to post pictures tonight when I get home. I never liked the look of cover reels on round pools.

Reactions: bretvask
I went a different route on mine (18' dia) I built a frame that I roll the cover up on and set it on the side of the pool. I will try to remember to post pictures tonight when I get home. I never liked the look of cover reels on round pools.
I would love to see those pictures! I have 16 foot round pool without much space around it. I don't want a reel in the middle of the pool.

As promised...

Waiting to be used

Starting to roll the cover

Half way rolled up

Rolled up and stored on the edge of the pool

When It is rolled up in the pool I simply pull one end up onto the edge then the other one. It is also pretty easy to pick the whole thing up and set it off to the side. My fairly small statured daughter can manage this by herself and has been able to since she was about 8 years old.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
As promised...

Waiting to be used

Starting to roll the cover

Half way rolled up

Rolled up and stored on the edge of the pool

When It is rolled up in the pool I simply pull one end up onto the edge then the other one. It is also pretty easy to pick the whole thing up and set it off to the side. My fairly small statured daughter can manage this by herself and has been able to since she was about 8 years old.

Very nice! Thank you so much for the pictures. Getting some good ideas!

Your Welcome:p

I use it with my 18 X 9 pool
Here is a pic of it:
2rmnk0z.jpg

Yaniv, I see you have an over the wall skimmer - I do too. Do you use your pump and skimmer when the cover is on?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm very interested in this cover roller - but it is so expensive!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JW3JRQO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1M8MLWHPJVEW0

Yaniv, I see you have an over the wall skimmer - I do too. Do you use your pump and skimmer when the cover is on?
I do, and it doesn't work very well, the cover gets sucked into the skimmer so I fold it in a way where it is not be in the way; maybe a better way is to cut a hole where the skimmer is (but on the other hand with the cover on there is nothing to skim :)).

Overall i am happy with it.

Can't they make cover that is cut like a spiral? Something like that:
spiralsPRINT.jpg
Then I can have a small "winch" on the side that will pull the strip on.

Good stuff danpik. I've always used a single pvc pipe to roll mine up, but the rectangular configuration looks like it would be more efficient.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.