Heat Pump LP code

GreatCanadian

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 28, 2011
St. John's, Newfoundland
Hello all, and welcome back for another swim season!!

Bought my AquaPro Pro500 in August of 2011. Has worked flawlessly since then. Until now! I set up my pool this past weekend and hooked up the heat pump yesterday after work. Turned it all on. Digital gauge shows water temp of 13 degrees Celsius, then flashes the LP error code. The heat pump was working when I shut everything down at the end of last season. Stored indoors for the winter months. I cannot detect any leaks in the system. Have sent an email to AquaPro but of course they are going to recommend calling in a service technician, so I figured I'd start here first. Any ideas guys? Because it worked last year and closing, and doesn't work now, something happened between then and now. Could it possibly be something like a sensor? I'm hoping this is a quick fix. Water flow is more than adequate. Could pressure switch possibly be stuck?? Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

GC

You could try jumping out the pressure switch and see if it kicks on. If it does, either replace the pressure switch and/or clean the filter. Also, some systems have a bypass valve that prevents water from going to the heater, make sure all of your valves, if you have any, are set correctly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.