Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Heat Pump LP code

1. Back To Top    #1

Heat Pump LP code

Hello all, and welcome back for another swim season!!

Bought my AquaPro Pro500 in August of 2011. Has worked flawlessly since then. Until now! I set up my pool this past weekend and hooked up the heat pump yesterday after work. Turned it all on. Digital gauge shows water temp of 13 degrees Celsius, then flashes the LP error code. The heat pump was working when I shut everything down at the end of last season. Stored indoors for the winter months. I cannot detect any leaks in the system. Have sent an email to AquaPro but of course they are going to recommend calling in a service technician, so I figured I'd start here first. Any ideas guys? Because it worked last year and closing, and doesn't work now, something happened between then and now. Could it possibly be something like a sensor? I'm hoping this is a quick fix. Water flow is more than adequate. Could pressure switch possibly be stuck?? Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

GC
    13'x22'x52" 8,000 gallon ProSeries Pool with Borates
    Intex 110 pound Sand Filter with Zeobrite, 2650 gph pump, 0.95 hp
    Bestway SWG
    AquaPro ECO500 50,000 BTU heat pump
    GLI Whirlwind Solar Cover Reel, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Heat Pump LP code

You could try jumping out the pressure switch and see if it kicks on. If it does, either replace the pressure switch and/or clean the filter. Also, some systems have a bypass valve that prevents water from going to the heater, make sure all of your valves, if you have any, are set correctly.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

After some discussion with the AquaPro support, and a friend in HVAC, I could not CLEARLY determine the issue. So I phoned Costco.ca. Returned for a full refund. New heat pump on the way.
    13'x22'x52" 8,000 gallon ProSeries Pool with Borates
    Intex 110 pound Sand Filter with Zeobrite, 2650 gph pump, 0.95 hp
    Bestway SWG
    AquaPro ECO500 50,000 BTU heat pump
    GLI Whirlwind Solar Cover Reel, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Sorry to hijack your thread but I see you mentioned that you stored the heat pump indoors? Where did you put it? The garage? Did you disconnect the electrical and reconnect yourself? Just trying to figure out what to do when closing this year.

Thanks.
    12' Intex Metal Frame Pool, 1500 gallons, Intex 2800gph Sand filter/pump, AquaPro PRO1100 HP, K-2006 Test Kit