Can I use these tabs?

Apr 24, 2014
St. Louis
Aqua Chem 3 inch chlorinating tabs, it says trichlor under ingredients. I DO NOT use tabs at all anymore since I found this site, but I have just drained most of my pool due to metal staining and my cya is a bit low. The old owners of the house left these tabs and I used them at first until I switched to liquid chlorine only. Can I temporarily use these to raise my cya a bit? Does anyone know if these contain any copper? I am just scared to use them because if they do I will have to start all over! I was told by someone that might just be where all of the staining came from in the first place.

I would buy new ones at pool store but they are out of the smallest container and I don't want to buy a lot.

I have some Aqua Chem 3" tablets and they are just trichlor and nothing else. Walmart sells them also.

Just for informational purposes, there are two different kinds of Aqua Chem powdered Dichlor shock at Walmart. They are orange boxes and bags. One has copper and the other does not. I think the one that has the copper says Clear Blue or something. This is unrelated to your tablets but just in case you have those and are going to use those to raise your CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.