Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Help with (seemingly extra) liner above water line?

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    26

    Help with (seemingly extra) liner above water line?

    Hey guys,

    So my pool is full and was able to finally turn on the filter. About 60% of the liner looks great, above the water line. The other 40%...well, it looks like this:

    IMG_20140616_201049289.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    And this...
    Capturepool.jpg

  2. Back To Top    #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    80

    Re: Help with (seemingly extra) liner above water line?

    Guess it would depend on the style of liner, but any chance that the top coping can be removed and the liner be pulled tight?

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    26

    Re: Help with (seemingly extra) liner above water line?

    I think that either I didn't have the liner aligned right and it's stretched tight in parts and twisted in others and/or I built my berm around the bottom a little too tall and the liner just has a little extra around the top. It's a v-bead liner...

    Anyway, was wondering if anyone could lend some advice...other than this, the pool looks fantastic, now that it's chemicaled and filtered.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I could pull the top rails and the coping, but it's a v bead liner, so I'm not sure if that'd help...and I'm not sure if I'd compromise the structural integrity by pulling off the top of the pool. Thanks for the reply!

  4. Back To Top    #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    26

    Re: Help with (seemingly extra) liner above water line?

    Can't believe nobody has any experience with this...I must be really good at pool building.

  5. Back To Top    #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,129

    Re: Help with (seemingly extra) liner above water line?

    I think you nailed it earlier. It either wasn't laid down right or it was mis-cut. The liners stretch an amazing amount so it's quite possible the bottom is fitting snug even though you have all the slack above it.

    Unfortunately you're looking at either living with it or draining the pool and trying I reset the liner, etc. But if may still be cut wrong and you won't know that until you fill it again. I hope water is cheap in your neck of the country...


    15,600 Gallon, 16' x 32' In-Ground Vinyl Pool
    Pentair VS 3050 pump, Quad DE 60 filter and SunTouch controller
    8 gallon Liquidator, Aquatherm EcoSun Solar Panels, 2 wheel ThePoolCleaner

  6. Back To Top    #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,129

    Re: Help with (seemingly extra) liner above water line?

    You know it just occurred to me that all the holes that were cut for your returns, etc. won't line back up when you reset the liner if that was in fact the problem. You're most likely going to need a new liner. Have them come back out and re-measure it to make sure they have that right. Maybe when you pull it you can measure it too and see if they sent you the wrong size.
    15,600 Gallon, 16' x 32' In-Ground Vinyl Pool
    Pentair VS 3050 pump, Quad DE 60 filter and SunTouch controller
    8 gallon Liquidator, Aquatherm EcoSun Solar Panels, 2 wheel ThePoolCleaner

  7. Back To Top    #7
    Casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    SW PA
    Posts
    10,157

    Re: Help with (seemingly extra) liner above water line?

    Looks like the liner wasn't set right/twisted. You'll have to reset it or live with it and if you reset it, you will have your holes to deal with.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

    24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •