Vacuum doesnt seem to help??

blaib

Jun 9, 2013
Hello everyone. I have a 16X48 Intex pool with a intex sand filter and pump assemble. The intex pump recently died so I replaced it with a 3/4HP Game pump and upgraded the return outlet to a Hayward. This pump REALLY moves the water and it seems like every time I vacuum I get a lot of stuff out but 3 or 4 hours later it seems to be back? Very frustrating, last night I vacuumed 3 times got up this morning and it's back :mad: The suction on the vacuum head is great and I back flushed the filter after I vacuumed. Any idea's?

Thank you
Brian

I can think of two issues....

First, anything you vacuum is only getting what is "currently" on the bottom. If there's anything in suspension, it will slowly fall and "reappear" on the bottom a little while later. This can happen with the pump on or off.

Second, you have a little bit of something living in the water, and the FC is killing it and it settles out. How does the water look other than the stuff on the bottom? Can you post a full set of test results?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.