Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: adding another return intex ultra frame

1. Back To Top    #1

adding another return intex ultra frame

Looking for any advice and what parts to add another return. I have an intex ultra frame 16x32 rectangle pool. I want to change everything over to hayward but am not sure what parts i need for the return jet. Also if adding the thru wall skimmer do you need a 2nd return if you have 2 inlets. The new filter and pump set up is 1hp hayward pump and 18 inch sand filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: adding another return intex ultra frame

This is the skimmer you want and it comes with a spare return jet....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The skimmer will count as your second inlet, and you can set your pool up however you like with returns and suctions..... I have the 18 x 9 Intex, and due to Australia regulations my pool came with two factory suctions and one return..... So when I add my skimmer, that will give me 3 suctions and one return... I'm going to turn one of the suctions into a return, so i'll have two of each....

I hope this helps... Make sure you buy ball valves for all of your returns, suctions and skimmer so you can shut them off if you need to, for things like vacuuming, to give you better suction...
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the help

4. Back To Top    #4

Yep, that is the one you want. I installed that on my Intex pool a few weeks ago. It's amazing the difference in my return volume after getting the Intex plungers out of the system and having that skimmer installed.

You're gonna love it!
    Pool: 5000 gal, 16'x 48" (AG) Intex Ultra Frame, Intex 1500 GPH Filter Pump 635T (cartridge), Hayward Thru-Wall Skimmer SP1091LX, 1.5" PVC Plumbed (Rigid & Flex), Heater: Aquah 10L Propane Outdoor Tankless Heater (68,200 BTU), 1/2" PVC plumbed, Intex 1000 GPH Filter Pump 637R (no-cartridge). Hayward Return SP1023 Climate/Location: North West Ohio

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by csk158 View Post
    Looking for any advice and what parts to add another return. I have an intex ultra frame 16x32 rectangle pool. I want to change everything over to hayward but am not sure what parts i need for the return jet. Also if adding the thru wall skimmer do you need a 2nd return if you have 2 inlets. The new filter and pump set up is 1hp hayward pump and 18 inch sand filter.
    When I purchased my widemouth skimmer it also came with a new return jet, gaskets etc. I cut the thru-wall skimmer into the pool and use that as my primary intake. For times when the water is lower than the skimmer / or I want to vaccuum I plumbed in the lower intex hole and used it as a bypass. I am only using one return after my inline chlorinator but I am thinking about plumbing in a fountain.

I cannot stress what laceygirl said enough, be sure to put enough valves/unions so you can open/close different intakes as needed for suction