Gettng suscreen off deck

steveg_nh

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 7, 2013
Southern NH
Over the weekend we had some family over for Father's Day. One of my guests used a spray sun screen on her son, and they did it on my Timberdeck XLM composite decking. I now have two nice foot prints (where no spray got) in the middle of an obvious area of sunscreen over spray all over my beautiful deck! I bit my tongue of course as I know they just didn't think about it (I tell my kids to apply spray sunscreen in the grass), but I'm wondering if the sun will just break it down over time, or if I can wash it with something that will clean it off...they dropped some pasta salad too, and the oils from the dressing left a nice trail all across the deck as it rolled away. My wife tells me I would probably be happier if I was all alone. LOL. Hey, I just like my stuff nice! :cool:

Anyway, any good tips for cleaning this up? Mostly, the sunscreen. It was done yesterday, Sunday, and tonight it looked the same.

Thanks.

I was smoking a pork shoulder this weekend and the drip pan leaked the grease on my pavers. Wifey got a bucket and mixed dawn dish soap and water and dumped it on it and then hosed it off. All good! We did it right when we noticed it though. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.