Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Gettng suscreen off deck

1. Back To Top    #1

Gettng suscreen off deck

Over the weekend we had some family over for Father's Day. One of my guests used a spray sun screen on her son, and they did it on my Timberdeck XLM composite decking. I now have two nice foot prints (where no spray got) in the middle of an obvious area of sunscreen over spray all over my beautiful deck! I bit my tongue of course as I know they just didn't think about it (I tell my kids to apply spray sunscreen in the grass), but I'm wondering if the sun will just break it down over time, or if I can wash it with something that will clean it off...they dropped some pasta salad too, and the oils from the dressing left a nice trail all across the deck as it rolled away. My wife tells me I would probably be happier if I was all alone. LOL. Hey, I just like my stuff nice!

Anyway, any good tips for cleaning this up? Mostly, the sunscreen. It was done yesterday, Sunday, and tonight it looked the same.

Thanks.
    24'x40' 25k gal Imperial Mountain Pond IGP, full 28 mil VynAll Ocean Breakers liner. All Hayward system: 140k BTU HeatPro heat pump, 3/4HP single speed TriStar 2" Pump, DE6020 filter, AquaPlus Automation/Salt Chlorination, remote controls, ColorLogic 4.0 lighting. Polaris 280 w/PB4-60 BP. TF100 & K1766 test kits. Rinox Palazzo pavers and Spherik coping. Pool installed 9/2013, project completed 6/16/14.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Gettng suscreen off deck

I was smoking a pork shoulder this weekend and the drip pan leaked the grease on my pavers. Wifey got a bucket and mixed dawn dish soap and water and dumped it on it and then hosed it off. All good! We did it right when we noticed it though. Good luck!
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Filter dual cartridge Sta-rite 450sq/ft, TF-100 Test Kit
    Heater Raypak 2100 400k btu cupro-nickel exchanger
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System

3. Back To Top    #3

Hmm...Might have to try that...I was wondering if citrus cleaner might do it, but didn't want to ruin the deck. Something to google.
    24'x40' 25k gal Imperial Mountain Pond IGP, full 28 mil VynAll Ocean Breakers liner. All Hayward system: 140k BTU HeatPro heat pump, 3/4HP single speed TriStar 2" Pump, DE6020 filter, AquaPlus Automation/Salt Chlorination, remote controls, ColorLogic 4.0 lighting. Polaris 280 w/PB4-60 BP. TF100 & K1766 test kits. Rinox Palazzo pavers and Spherik coping. Pool installed 9/2013, project completed 6/16/14.

4. Back To Top    #4

Maybe try sprinkling some baking soda over the area, that will help absorb the oil and then pour some vinegar over it. Then some warm water and scrub brush.
    16 x 34 inground vinyl pool
    Hayward 1 hp super pump
    200s Hayward Sand filter