Intermatic Multiwave PE653 and PE953 setup?

Jun 14, 2010
Hi TFP,

I'm considering installing a multiwave system and wondering if anyone has experience with a similar setup that I'm aiming for:

240v 1-speed pump (future upgrade to 2-speed)
240v booster pump
240v actuator
120v light (actually have 2 lights, but can live with one)

The question is the 120v light and if that can go into the "heater" relay since I'm not using it. In addition is the different voltages across the system, although the documentation seems to point that it's flexible to handle different configurations.

Thanks in advance!

Take the following with a grain of salt as I've never actually programmed one to do what you're proposing.

Technically you can wire it the way you describe. According to the manual you can program 3 different schedules for each circuit so theoretically you should be able to hook a light to circuit 5 and program the times you want it to be on.

Thanks Bama Rambler for your input. A follow up would be if I can tie two lights to circuit 5 (pool + spa)?

Also, I'm not all too familiar with the z-wave technology but are there other controllers that can hook into this? Is there a possibility to have a controller hook into two of these guys if I want to expand (water features, other outdoor features, etc)?

While I'm not sure, I believe there is a controller that piggybacks onto the controller that allows more circuits.

You should be able to hook both lights to the circuit without overloading it. Both together will be less than 6 amps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.