Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dosatron

1. Back To Top    #1
    Jackson, Ohio

Has anyone used a DOSATRON to inject their bleach?

I use them at work on several applications to apply certain chemicals to water prior to adding to a tank.

You would install it inline and the pumped water powers the doser and then takes a gulp of the bleach and adds it to the flow. Very easy to adjust. Designed for chemicals. Very Precise. Reliable. BUT....Pricey...$$$

Anyone use these?
    Southern Ohio, 18'x36', 8'x3' deep, Vinyl, Hayward 1hp Super Pump, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward AquaRite 25k SWG, 5-3'x8' Solar Panels, Hayward AquaSolar, Aqua Pro 137k Heat Pump

Taylor K-2006, Taylor K-1766, Taylor SpeedStir, hth 6-Way with OTO

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Dosatron

It seems far from ideal for pool use. They are designed to inject consistent concentrations of a chemical regardless of flow rate, while what you want for a pool is consistent amounts of a chemical regardless of flow rate. To put that more simply, one of these will add less chlorine as the filter gets dirtier. It also looks like it will need a bypass, and has a number of other minor disadvantages for pool use.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Canberra Australia

Have you looked at a Stenner Peristaltic Pump..... ?

This is the cheapest place to buy them I've found... And they're on sale at the moment....
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction

4. Back To Top    #4
    SouthWest Alabama

Even the smallest unit at the lowest setting (.02gpm) is 1.2 gph and if you ran your pump 8 hours a day that would be about 9gpd. Even at 1 hour run time it'd be too much bleach.

You'd either have to dilute the bleach a lot or you'd have to plumb it where you could take it out of the circuit after a short length of time.

Having said all that. I have looked at the Chemilizer and like the fact that it doesn't require electricity. I just couldn't justify it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit